Our practice offers a variety of services for our patients. We are committed to providing the highest quality care for you and your family. Your comfort is of the utmost importance. We work in conjunction with several specialists in the triad area to provide the best possible choices for your care. Dr. Anderson takes extra time to explain what each procedure is and why it is needed. Your oral health is a lifetime investment. Our goal is to make sure that your treatment addresses both your short term and long term goals. Dr. Anderson's conservative approach uses both science and art, while embracing technology to provide you with the most accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Too often dental practices are concerned with "marketing" and "over-treating," rather than answering the question, "How can I serve my patients best?" We make every effort to make the correct diagnosis, while giving you different treatment options to choose from. We listen to what the patient wants.
Ideally we would like to see you twice a year for cleanings to prevent more complex problems in the future. Occasionally we have patients that only call when they are in "pain." Educating our patients about checkups, x-rays, brushing, flossing, smoking and chewing tobacco, are just some of our main goals. Prevention is over looked not just in dentistry but in medicine. A joint effort with your medical doctor and dentist leads to a much healthier and happier life!!
Dr. Anderson encourages each and every patient to ask questions. Not all the information that you might hear or see on TV or the internet is true. For example, many patients ask about "Mercury Fillings." It's a very hot topic for talk shows and news reporters. The American Dental Association, The U.S. Public Health Service, The Food and Drug Administration, and many more have researched the effects for the past 40 years. In fact there is not a shred of evidence suggesting that "silver fillings" are responsible for health problems. Our office offers several different choices to restore your tooth. Not just one like many dental practices.
Another hot topic today is "Zoom Whitening." Dr. Anderson recently attended a lecture by the renowned Dr. Harold Heymann DDS PhD, whereby his research shows "absolutely no difference in clinical efficacy of the various bleaching methods." In addition the light used by the Zoom Whitening "does absolutely nothing to the process of tooth whitening." You are simply paying dearly for an illusion.
Dr. Anderson has a wealth of information available regarding many of today's "hot topics" Please feel free to schedule a consultation any time. Our office will never charge you for something as valuable as knowledge. We encourage our patients to ask us questions. Understanding what is being done, how to maintain it, and how to care for it for life is our goal.
- Crowns - we offer several different types of crowns or "caps" from tooth colored to full cast gold.
- Bridges - both tooth colored and gold are available
- Dentures and Partials - only the finest materials are used. Our lab has over 40 years of expertise in the Winston-Salem area
- Dental Fillings- tooth colored, silver, and gold are all available
- Extractions - range from baby teeth, simple adult extractions and partially impacted wisdom teeth
- Tooth Whitening - we offer the most cost effective and safest bleach tray whitening on the market. (Zoom Whitening with lasers, as seen at other offices, has not been endorsed by the American Dental Association as many patients are mislead to believe) >>click here for further information>>dental-myth-buster-series-1the-truth-about-bleaching
- Periodontal Care - our services range from simple cleanings to more in depth treatments. We also utilize some of Winston-Salem's most respected specialists for your complete care.
- Fluoride Treatment - for both children and adults
- Emergency Care - Dr. Anderson's cell phone# is always available to discuss your care by contacting our office machine
- Bruxism - or "grinding" appliances are available
- Implant Restoration - Dr. Anderson works with local Oral Surgeons and Periodontal Specialists to ensure that you receive the most modern and up to date treatment
- Mouth Guards - for sports such as soccer, football, and hockey are available.